DDLA Landscape Architecture& Urban Design was established in 2006 by founder, Principal and Registered Landscape Architect Michael Mitchell.
At that time Michael had returned from 2.5 years employment with the UK’s Scott Wilson where he performed the role of Landscape Design Team Leader in their International Landscape & Planning Office in Nanjing China (later moving to Shanghai). Michael worked in many Scott Wilson offices across China due to his high level of graphic & verbal communication skills.
Prior to his employment in China Michael worked for DBI Design where he got his first taste for international and resort landscape architectural design. After working on the Gold Coast in the office of DBI Design for 4.5 years Michael took leap that landed him in China.
Upon returning to the Gold Coast Michael provided contract Landscape Design Services through DDLA to companies such as DBI Design, Byrns Lardner Landscape Architects, Bayden Goddard Architects, GTS Architects and Metricon Homes while sourcing his own Cliental in the residential design market.
DDLA also created our Community Assistance Program (C.A.P.); an initiative that targets families with children with sensory difficulties (ie. autism) and limited financial means to provide an inspiring, educational, active sensory landscape to aid the child's development.
10 years later DDLA has been fortunate enough to work alongside many talented designers / contractors, innovative product suppliers and Clients who challenge & inspire me to keep producing unique landscape designs tailored to each individual Client needs.
Other Facts & FAQ’s:
1. Michael has been a Registered Landscape Architect (AILA member #00129 sine 2003)with 17 years’ experience locally, nationally & internationally.
2. As well as a Bachelor degree and Post-Graduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture; Michael has a Graduate Certificate of Built Environment(Engineering) for the 50% completion of a Masters of Urban Design Degree. Michael completed all Design related Urban Design units with works showcased at the national Healthy Cities Conference 2013.
3. DDLA is located in Ormeau Hills in order to Service both Brisbane & the Gold Coast.
4. DDLA’s design works are largely based in the Private Residential & Small Commercial Markets. DDLA has been involved in larger Commercial & Master planning Projects.
5. We offer many design services from initial concept through to completion. These include
a. Concept Design
b. Landscape Cost Estimate
c. 3D Visualisation/ Imagery
d. Covenant Landscape Plans
e. Quotation & Pier Design Reviews
f. Expert Witness
g. Development Applications
h. Tender Review& Landscape Documentation
i. Construction /Council OPW Landscape Documentation
j. Site Administration including Defects, Establishment Inspections
k. Landscape Compliance Review
6. DDLA is available to discuss your next project. Our Office hours are by appointment only.
7. DDLA is a flexible studio with a network of skilled & equally professional service based professionals that provide consultancy services in the fields of architecture, interior design, web and branding services, visual impact analysis, environmental services, civil engineering & planning.